Energy. Its expensive and with recent supply changes quickly becoming more so. I regularly suggest to clients that every organization undertake an “Energy Assessment” which might cover these vulnerable areas.
- Energy expense impact on the corporate income statement – Is it visible and monitored?
- Is the natural gas supply reliable and is there any pricing stability measures in place
- New capital equipment impact on your energy demand
- Personnel awareness and skill training
- Heated water system management status
- Waste energy capture status
- Electrical rate pricing optimization
- Electrical facility safety upgrading requirements
- Energy Management System status
Every step towards a well thought out energy management plan saves your organization money and reduces your greenhouse gas emission footprint! It’s easy to rewire your organizations’/operating disciplines to consume less and reuse what we waste but you have to make the first step. Start with an assessment and finish with happy shareholders!