A municipality of roughly 75,000 in central Ontario. The population is expected to grow by 1/3 within 20 years. Widely dispersed, primarily rural, and under serviced health care.
The city undertook a community consultation and strategic planning process to understand and assess the need for new primary health care services.
The Osborne Group worked with the city to:
- Undertake a comprehensive community engagement process to assess the need for new primary health care services in the city
- Facilitate the development of a Vision, Mission and Goals for a new Community Health Centre
- Develop a Business and Operational Plan for submission to the LHIN and to guide the creation and growth of the Community Health Centre
- Review and assess the organization’s governance and organizational structure in light of the addition of a major new service line
- Plan and implement organizational change required to integrate the new Community Health Centre with existing services and programs.
This project was highly successful. At its conclusion, the city had gained:
- A new Community Health Centre to deliver primary health care to residents in an underserviced area
- An integrated organization providing both community support services and primary health care
- An organization well positioned for future growth and development