A transformational business leader with growth and profitability track record in multiple industries.
Garry is a strategic “hands-on” executive, with a track record of positive business transformation and growth. He is a capable, caring, inclusive and visible leader with a proven ability to build strong, motivated, and resilient management teams. He has documented success spearheading aggressive sales and profit growth, market expansion, P/L management, and brand development.
One of Canada’s most experienced and respected retail & B2B sales and distribution executives Garry has extensive expertise in wireless telecommunications, office supplies & services, automotive, consumer electronics, and grocery operations. Garry has held numerous executive leadership positions including President of Grand & Toy, President of Bell Distribution, Vice President of Retail at Rogers Wireless and Group VP-auto division Budget Car rental. Garry co-founded and was CEO of Worldlynx Wireless, Bell Canada’s largest and only national dealer operating under the “Bell”, “Virgin” and “Bell Aliant” banners. In 2009, Garry was part of a team that won the prestigious Canadian “Deal Maker of the Year “Award for the mid-market.
Garry has broad management experience with a variety of channels including e-commerce, wholesale distribution, business to business, direct sales, third-party resellers and retail.
- Interim Executive Leadership,
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Capital Raise, Advisory
- Organizational Assessment, Reviews and Restructuring
- Business Planning for small and mid-size organizations.
- Market Expansion & Business Development Strategies
- Executive/Leadership Coaching and Mentoring.
- Board Director/Advisor
- Clearview Advisory – M&A Advisor
- Fixt – Founder/CEO
- Worldlynx Wireless – Co-Founder/CEO
- Bell Distribution – President/CEO
- BML- Group Vice President, – Auto Division
- Grand & Toy – President & SVP – Office Max
- Rogers Communications – Vice President, Corporate Retail Operations
- Loeb Food Stores – Director of Market Development & Retail Operations/Franchising
- 2009 co-winner of Deal Maker of the Year Award in Canada (Mid-Market) awarded by the Canada Venture Capital Private Equity Assc.
- Winner of Canada’s 2019 Top 50 Entrepreneurs over 50 – Wise Award
- Nominee 2020- Global CEO Excellence Awards, by CEO Monthly/AI Global Media
- Board Director/Advisor: SalesChoice (Artificial Intelligence Software -2012-present.),
- Worldlynx (2013-2016), Ryerson Business School – Advisor Retail School- (2001-2006.)
- Master of Public Administration – Queens’ University
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies – University of Waterloo