Financial Transformation Specialist, Turn-around Expert and Consensus Builder
Financial transformation executive and change leader with a portfolio of successful turnarounds accomplished through hands-on team management and collaborative solutions. Seasoned Chartered Accountant (CA) who has led Canadian & International teams in operational accounting, investments, project management and HR.
With extensive business experience, Jeffrey can quickly isolate operational weaknesses and business risks. With an understanding of business processes, Jeffrey can efficiently and effectively develop and implement controls & processes that safeguard assets and employees. In every engagement, Jeffrey has found expense savings or inefficiencies that more than offset his cost.
Jeffrey is passionate about data governance, business reporting and translating complex concepts into user-friendly terms. As a focused and resourceful innovator, Jeffrey leads by example and delivers on promises.
Even in complex matrix organizations with partisan business units or domineering employees, Jeffrey makes independent and verifiable recommendations. Jeffrey has experience working with boards, executive teams, technology specialists and external stakeholders. His clear and concise writing and presenting style are easy to follow and understand.
Aware, approachable, energetic, humble and modest, Jeffrey is the ideal fit for organizations that seeking to improve their entire business reporting process or are experiencing challenges in make business decisions with imperfect or missing data.
- Vulcan Investments Management Corp – Interim/Part Time Vice President – Finance/CFO
- Manulife Finance Corporation – Director, Chief Data Office; Director, Financial Planning & Analysis; Director, Middle Office Operations; Director, Investment Strategy
- Established a comprehensive financial management and reporting system – including procedures, policies and internal controls
- Prepared monthly financial statements and draft year-end statements (including working papers) for annual audit
- Budgeting and cash flow management for a start-up/fast growing enterprise
- Updated, reviewed and improved senior management KPI reports including the development of new metrics; Drafted commentary for Senior Management when presenting results to external stakeholders
- Coordinate tax filings with external auditors
- Review and advise on completeness and adequacy of compliance systems
- Review and overhaul marketing systems and priorities (including digital branding and social media presence);
- Prepare and monitor comprehensive business development plan and effective growth strategies including product review and new product launches;
- Actively drive business development opportunities that expand client assets under management and brand awareness in the investment community by developing material for social media and other advertising mediums
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Enterprise Risk Management – CPA Ontario
- Strategic Analytics – CPA Ontario
- Partners, Director & Officers Course – Canadian Securities Institute
- International Financial Reporting Standards Certificate – American Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants – US