Manufacturing management and consulting
Because of his extensive executive management experience in the manufacturing sector, John can drop into any business in an interim management role. He specializes in business re-structuring and transition while advising existing management. He outlines commercial or operational change options and works through a proposed implementation plan to a successful completion.
- Interim executive management in manufacturing
- Succession management planning for founder/owners ready for an exit
- Transition planning and implementation
- Business sale preparation
Over a multi-year assignment, John took an older, money-losing, privately owned business from a significant annual loss of income and customer base to renewed financial health. He procured a new management team and negotiated between the owner and the new management to transfer ownership to the new team, preserving the owner’s capital and equity while giving the employees a strong and prosperous future.
As an interim president, John led a recently purchased formerly privately-owned company to a new corporate vision. The 5-year business plan laid out in detail key enterprise strategies, new human capital needed and product marketing plans globally with timelines and milestones to guide new ownership and management.
He then added financial, sales and operational management as well as a permanent president who possessed the skills and energy to take the team to the goals articulated in the business plan.
- University of Toronto – Bachelor of Applied Science, Industrial Engineering
- University of Windsor – Strategic Management & Planning
- University of Western Ontario, Ivey School of Business – Marketing Strategy
- Numerous short courses covering operations analysis; quality systems; finance and HR practices
- Professional Engineers, Ontario
- Past Boards of Directors – Assoc. of Rotational Molders International; Kawartha Manufacturers; Etratech Inc.