Corporate & Marketing Communications
Janet has in-depth corporate and marketing communications leadership experience across the private, public and not for profit sectors. Her focus is developing integrated stakeholder communications plans to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Communications audits & strategic planning
- Change management communications
- Clear Writing training
- Editorial support & executive writing
Janet managed a wide range of communications programs at a major Fortune 500 multinational organization for 20+ years. Responsibilities included advertising, media relations, issues management and integrated internal and marketing communications programs. As Director of Marketing at an Ontario government cultural agency, she helped increase attendance by 40% over two years. At one of Canada’s most diverse and rapidly growing municipalities, she led innovative and award-winning public communications programs. Janet’s consulting practice has included leadership and advisory roles at not for profit community-based service organizations, provincially supported agencies and an international fraternal benefits society.
Janet has served as a Director, Board or Committee Chair at:
- Jessie’s, The June Callwood Centre for Young Women
- Art Carousel, supporting adults with physical disabilities
- Belmont House Home for the Aged
- Anglican Community Development Fund
- WNED Buffalo/Toronto (PBS Channel 17) Canadian Advisory Board
- Seneca College Corporate Communications Advisory Board