Executive Management & Corporate Development
A business developer, strategist and marketer who has successfully grown multi outlet businesses using his background in marketing, team building and business systems. Both as an entrepreneur and intrapreneur, Bob enjoys a hands-on role in building businesses, testing new initiatives and energizing people to grow. Bob carries the competitive energy of Masters’ sports and the planning detail of remote outdoor pursuits into growing successful businesses.
- As a business developer, designs and implements full service, seamless, outsource, branded, conservation and renewable energy programs for utilities, energy providers and construction trades.
- As Vice President – Business Development for a solar water heating company, working with the founder through the research, angel, early venture and commercial stages of business development with focus on funding, product definition, marketing and North American distribution.
- As Vice President and General Manager, grew a two-location, 5000 customer home service provider into a ten-location, 135,000 customer company. Accomplished this by an intensive staffing program, neighborhood direct marketing, superior service delivery and acquisitions.
- Transitioned the Canadian success into furthering the company’s USA expansion.
- As Vice President and General Manager, grew a three-location travel agency into a national chain of over 55 outlets and $60 million in sales. Achieved this growth through acquisitions; intensively managing the recruitment, training and development of staff; and marketing the “Eaton’s” reputation to leisure travelers.
- Built a dominant consumer liquid detergent business for the Canadian subsidiary of an international packaged goods conglomerate. Broke the traditional packaged goods marketing model by selling a range of liquid detergent products differentiated by product quality, price point, advertising and manufacturing method.
- Grew a local manufacturer of recreation homes into a provincial market leader.
- Restructured a garment care company to provide branded wholesale services to independently owned and operated cleaning stores and implemented a system of measurement standards to achieve manufacturing cost efficiency.
- The Osborne Group
- A range of Renewable and Energy Conservation clients including Earthsponse/Modern Marketing Concepts, Regenisis Power, Heliodyne Inc, Bullfrog Power, Enbridge Gas Distribution, Natural Resources Canada, community energy conservation groups and residential construction trades
- EnerWorks Solar Water Heating Inc.
- First Service Franchise Corporation (College Pro Painters, Certa Pro Painters, California Closets, etc.)
- Gorrie Marketing Services
- Parkers – Cleaners Plus Inc.
- ARXX- Insulated Concrete Forms
- ChemLawn – Vice President & General Manager
- Eaton’s Travel – Vice President & General Manager
- Unilever – Marketing Manager, Lever Brothers; Marketing Manager, Hygrade Foods
- Volunteer as a build site Team Leader with Habitat for Humanity, and several hiking and canoe organizations
- McMaster University – Masters of Business Administration
- University of Toronto – Honors Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Economics