Creating new strategic partnerships…strengthening organizational infrastructure…generating diverse revenue streams. Richard’s collaborative leadership style ensures strong teams which lead organizations to reach new success. An interim executive director with extensive experience in the arts, health and social service sectors who provides stability and change management during periods of transition.
- Developed and led strategic planning processes resulting in multi-year strategic plans that increased organizational capacity, enabled sustained growth and achieved successful new strategic directions for charities in the health sector.
- Created & implemented operating & programming plans that established new alliances & enhanced program diversity for social service not-for-profit organizations.
- Developed a proposal for major new program in the addictions sector based on community need which resulted in permanent, annualized funding of $1.3M
- Advocated for support of specialized therapy program which resulted in the Ontario Ministry of Health’s first-time award of a provincial service agreement in the Infant Hearing Program, and a reduced need for private fundraising
- Oakville and Milton Humane Society – Interim Executive Director
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Toronto – Chief Executive Officer
- Habitat for Humanity GTA – Interim Vice President Philanthropy; Vice President – York Region
- Addiction Services for York Region – Executive Director
- Ontario Association of Residences Treating Youth – Executive Director
- Voice for Hearing Impaired Children – Executive Director
- Mississauga Symphony – Executive Director
- Masters of Music – McGill University
- Certificate in Management of Not-For-Profit Organizations – University of Toronto
- Association Management Executive Program – Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Arts Administration and Fundraising – Banff Centre School of Management