NonProfit "Turnaround" Projects and Interim Executive
A high energy executive with diverse experience shifting organizational cultures to more effective teams, strategic visioning and building collaborations to thrive. Judy has a strong track record of NFP Leadership – creating innovative award-winning programming to strengthen organizations and encourage and facilitate social change. Her foundational training in journalism has produced a probing interview style for strategic planning and an ability to uncover and develop compelling stories for fundraising and advancement.
You can reach Judy at [email protected].
- Organizational turnarounds
- Large-scale organizational development with innovative formats
- Interim executive leadership
- Strategic planning
- Fund development
- Story-telling tools for fund development and stakeholder reporting
- Supporting governance
- As Executive Director: Within two years turned Newcomer Women’s Services, Toronto (NEW) from a troubled organization into a Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ award winner
- Launched first-ever fund-raising at NEW with a three-year strategic plan, achieving five times the first-year target and four times the goal for year two
- As Director of Organizational Development, Toronto Community Housing: Designed an innovative series of interactive forums at Canada’s largest social housing provider that engaged 500 front-line workers and tenants to enhance customer service
- As Director of Learning and Development, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation: Facilitated the creation of a five-year strategic plan for CBC Television News through a massive Appreciative Inquiry Summit of 150 representative journalists across Canada
- Royal Roads University – Master of Arts in Leadership and Training
- Carleton University– Bachelor of Journalism, Honours
- Current or recent Board member for the Raw Carrot (social enterprise), Learning for a Sustainable Future, Endeavour Consulting for Non-Profits, Mixed Company Theatre (theatre for social change) and the North York Harvest Food Bank
- Kaplan Norton Balanced Scorecard certification
- Multiple Instrument Certifications such as Thinking Intentions Profile, Personality Dimensions, MBTI, etc.
- Appreciative Inquiry Foundations