Highly collaborative team leader and strategist
Joel is a proven, results driven executive leader in strategic marketing and communications with extensive experience forging and maintaining relationships with community, business and industry partners. He has guided marketing teams into highly successful digital campaigns and worked closely with staff, boards and committees to develop sound strategies, campaigns and programs. Joel leads cross-functional teams in innovative endeavours and collaborates with internal and external partners to build consensus on new initiatives.
Reach Joel by email at [email protected].
- Initiated Wilfrid Laurier University’s online marketing program, helping reverse a downward trend in undergraduate applications. These efforts led to a 38% increase in applicants over four years.
- Led rebranding efforts for the Lazaridis School of Business & Economics and the research institutes, overseeing brand standards and resolving conflicts over brand guidelines.
- Directed Tourism Toronto’s $1.0 million digital marketing partnership with Toronto Pearson Airport, Air Canada and Ontario Tourism. Partnered with the Greater Toronto Airport Authority at World Routes Conferences to attract new air service providers. Forged partnership with Pride Toronto leading to a substantial increase in overnight visitors and hotel room bookings for World Pride 2014.
- Directed the launch of ROM Friday Nights in 1999 and orchestrated marketing efforts for the Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids exhibit attracting a record 455,000 visitors to the Museum over 100 days.
- Wilfrid Laurier University – AVP, External Relations
- Tourism Toronto – Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer.
- Royal Ontario Museum – Vice President, Marketing & Commercial Development
- Toronto Zoo – Marketing Manager; Director, Planning & Analysis; Director, Business Development
- Laventhol & Horwath – Senior Consultant
- Senior University Administrators Course
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design – Master in Landscape Architecture
- Harvard College – Bachelor of Arts