Carolyn is a creative leader who has proven an ability to think and act strategically. She leads organizational and program innovation with a commitment to developing strong management teams and building formal and informal partnerships with multiple stakeholders. She has managed complex organizations and developed the policies and structures needed for organizational health. She is experienced in establishing good governance as both a Board member and an Executive Director.
Reach Carolyn at [email protected].
- Led the successful restructuring and turnaround of two community service agencies resulting in stable funding, organizational sustainability and service growth both locally and Canada wide (tripled revenues over 2-year period)
- Implemented successful long-term partnerships with service agencies, school boards, libraries and local government to deliver client services in over 100 community locations
- Implemented client feedback, outcome evaluation and accountability systems to produce data needed for evidence-based decision making and continuous quality improvements
- Oversaw the development/implementation of innovative off-site, on-line and partnership-based program delivery models delivery
- Provided strategic management through periods of organizational expansion and downsizing in a volatile funding environment requiring adaptive agency reorganization
- Extensive experience creating and supporting workplace diversity.
- Catholic Crosscultural Services (immigrant/refugee services) – Executive Director
- United Way Peel Region – Director of Allocations & Agency Relations
- Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office – Executive Director
- Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN) – Co-Chair, Funding Reform Working Group; Member of the Policy Committee
- OCASI (Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants) – Board member, elected Toronto Region Director (2 yrs.) and Provincial Director (4 yrs.)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Schulich School of Business, York University
- Double Majors: Strategic Management and Nonprofit Management
- Graduate Diploma – Nonprofit Management & Leadership, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Western Ontario