Your business may require an interim leader for a variety of reasons – a gap due to an unexpected resignation (or termination), a leave of absence or because a new initiative demands an experienced skill set not currently available. An interim executive can provide short term stability while maintaining business momentum, allowing the CEO, the owner or the board to identify the leadership skills needed to move the organization forward.
The Osborne Group offers extraordinary interim executive leadership at a reasonable price. Our principal consultants bring extensive, relevant senior management experience and practical, transferable skills to every assignment. They grasp situations quickly and develop customized solutions in collaboration with the client. From day one, they do the hands-on work that gets desired results to meet the highest standard of quality. The most important responsibility for a business owner or board is to take the necessary time and care to select and support the right people for their team whether it’s for finance, human resources, operations, IT, asset management, marketing and sales or other senior management roles.
We can help by providing an interim executive with the skills and experience that match your needs.
The Osborne Team is comprised of senior executives with a minimum 10 years executive experience. Each principal has more than 20 years senior management experience. We span a broad range of organizations, sectors and functional areas including CEO, COO, CFO, CIO, CHRO, SVP, VP, executive director and general manager.
With their depth of experience, our principals can support your organizations with challenges in:
- Business strategy and planning
- Human resources
- Procurement/ supply chain
- Capital build
- Information systems
- Marketing and communications
- Sales management and training
- Organizational design and development
- Succession planning
We provide flexible and affordable terms that fit the opportunity and budget. Interim or fractional positions are a cost-effective way of quickly injecting experience and knowledge into your organization.
Interim leadership can include the following:
- Leadership transition: experienced interim day-to-day leadership allows the organization ample time to search for the best permanent CEO or other senior leader
- A senior-level vacancy: when internal events create a need to consider organizational or strategic renewal an interim executive fills the bill
- Extended leave replacement: an immediate, experienced Osborne interim leader function head will hit the ground running and step out at the right time
- Specific and difficult challenges: when you need strategic insights and guidance or a short-term executive to implement difficult changes
- Merger and/or acquisition: an Interim executive with significant merger and acquisition experience will increase the likelihood of success as a typical merger implementation process takes between six and nine months. This period of organizational transition is characterized by unique challenges related to merging the cultures, governance and operations of two distinct entities at the same time as business operations must continue without any gaps in production or service.
You can rely on the Osborne Group’s strategically crafted solutions and implementation plans to produce results.
Contact us so we can assess and recommend a proven executive to help your organization through a critical transition.
We have deep experience providing interim or fractional finance executives who can meet organizational needs such as:
- Meeting with departing controller for knowledge transfer of detailed responsibilities, ensuring a smooth transition of operational activities and control functions
- Supporting the selection of a contract accountant/bookkeeper for basic accounting duties during the interim period
- Participating as a member of the management team
- Ensuring day-to-day finance operations meet the requirements of internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting in the management of the current accounting software
- Overseeing the timely and accurate execution of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Reviewing and approving internal financial statements for accuracy and helping to interpret them
- Ensuring government reporting and remittances are done on a timely basis
- Coordinating with banks, auditors, and other external parties to ensure effective service delivery
- Supporting the management team to ensure business decisions are made with timely and accurate financial information
- Assisting with the assessment of the future roles and responsibilities of a new CFO and supporting the recruitment of the permanent employee as appropriate
The Osborne Group’s approach to executive recruitment differs from that of the large, specialized search firms. Our flexible and cost-effective recruitment services are customized to most effectively meet client needs. We work within available budgets and minimize costs by charging only for time spent on the assignment. As executive recruitment is not the single focus of our firm, we do not work from a proprietary database. Instead, we work closely with selection committees to leverage organizational contacts as well as our own extensive contacts.
Our knowledge of unique challenges in diverse sectors and their means we can provide excellent support in virtually any situation, particularly during periods of change and transition. Regardless of the situation, we’re committed to a thorough, professional, inclusive and well-organized process.
Osborne Group principals bring extensive experience to every assignment, whether in an interim capacity or as consultants, drawing on their career and life experience to provide executive support and leadership coaching to our clients. We also provide executive coaching and development plans for individuals on specific challenges they are encountering in their leadership roles.
This includes oversight and coaching on a variety of tasks that may be new to a senior executive such as:
- Balancing management, staff and board priorities
- Financial management – analyzing financial results, developing forecasts and budgets
- Human resources management
- Coaching on various strategic initiatives such as the process for the development of the next strategic plan or integration activities
Our process to develop a scope of work for leadership support, coaching and development often includes a number of components:
- Liaison with the client to analyze the coaching client’s current state
- Collaboration with the coaching client to determine developmental focus areas
- Regular sessions with the coaching client as they work through the process
- Facilitation with the coaching client a strategy to address developmental focus areas
- Support the coaching client as he/she/they execute the strategy
We monitor progress and maintain contact through regular meetings, either by phone or in person, at the call of the client.
On-going consultation can be provided on selected issues that may not have been initially identified as a priority.