A go to CFO
Highly accomplished, results-driven senior accounting and financial management executive with extensive experience in finance and operations management spanning a variety of industry sectors. Most notably Josee was the CFO of Canampac, CFO of Arxx Corporation, Director, Finance at SickKids Foundation and VP Finance at Sunnybrook Foundation. She is a stand out operational CFO who goes beyond the numbers and thinks strategically. Commands a demonstrated ability to streamline business operations that drive growth and increase efficiency with a strong bias to using technology where appropriate. Strong abilities in developing, implementing, and monitoring critical business processes to support companywide business strategies. Highly effective communicator who inspires credibility and trust. A leader who builds committed teams that produce outstanding results.
Current Work Focus
Currently focused on assisting not for profits, and small to mid-sized private companies to grow and/or restructure, by providing interim finance or part-time CFO services.
- Led the financial and operational due diligence for the creation and incorporation of Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundation, a national non-profit organization whose members consist of all 13 Canadian pediatric hospitals
- Led a team of health care professionals in the development and successful implementation of a new model of health care known as the Emergency Department/Alternative Level of Care (“ED/ALC”) program in the Kingston area. The success of this pilot initiative has led to a fully funded model adopted by the Ministry of Health in Ontario.
- Led and participated in the financial due diligence of the $145 million sale and acquisition of two manufacturing facilities, in addition to participating in a US parent-led $260 million IPO transaction in the US. This undertaking required significant and complex financial modeling and forecasting along with debt and equity fund raising.
- Western University – Bachelor of Administrative Studies (Finance & Economics Major)
- Schulich Executive Leadership Program
- CPA Canada – CPA Designation