2022 is upon us. And I’ve been feeling meh. Although 2021 was in many ways a great year overall, there is no doubt these 20 months have been stressful. Once the time change ushered in the seasonal blues, I’ve been wanting to pull the bedcovers over my head and hibernate until spring.
Or at least that’s what my Victim and Avoider saboteurs are telling me to do. They’re a tag team of negativity!
We all have our own internal saboteurs that give voice to negative thoughts and suggestions. They encourage us to believe in and to prolong our negative emotions.
What can we do instead? Rather than wallow in the negative, the tools of Mental Fitness will help you to create a positive mindset and greater happiness.
Here’s what I’m doing to strengthen my mental fitness:
- I’d been allowing myself to skip my mental fitness practices on the weekends. The result is that Mondays have been slow and unfocused. I’m recommitting to weekend practices to keep my mental muscles activated.
- One of my personal values is independence. It’s time for me to look at my financial and career goals for the year and see where it would be most productive to place focused attention and action.
- I need to innovate a new approach to getting exercise as the old way has stopped working. I’m going to use the 5-minute technique to get moving again.* Bonus motivation: to be fitter for skiing and reduce my face plants this season.
- I need to fire up my inner sage powers of empathy and compassion. The more I focus on others, the happier I am. It’s a paradox and it works.
I want you to be happier through the benefits of Mental Fitness. My Mental Fitness program will help you to develop greater capacity to respond to life’s challenges with a positive mindset. As one program participant said,
“The change in my mind and approach over the last six weeks is remarkable.”
Imagine being able to isolate your internal negative messages and to set them aside leaving you free to live with less stress, greater productivity and increased happiness.
Who doesn’t want that?
Join me in January for a free Be Happy with Mental Fitness Webinar and for the next Mental Fitness Program.
In the webinar, you’ll learn how Mental Fitness practices:
- disrupt automatic habits such as judging, perfectionism, and brooding.
- allow you to draw on your inner wisdom I call Sage Powers.
- impact positively on all spheres of your life—work, health, family, and personal satisfaction.
The webinar is on January 18th and my Mental Fitness Program starts on January 22nd.
Is 2022 the year you’ll make a greater commitment to yourself?
Email me for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The technique is to commit to 5 minutes of any task you are avoiding. You’ll find that you will often continue past the 5-minute mark once you’ve got started.